Read Colossians 2
From this chapter we see 5 things that Paul warns the Colossians about. We should take serious the warning for it applies in our day and age too!
1. Persuasive words – do you believe everything you hear?
2. Philosophy – do you look to others to tell you how to feel?
3. Empty deceit – do you fall for every wind of doctrine?
4. Tradition of men – are you stuck in rut of “duty” and “routine”?
5. Principles of the world – do you compromise your values to fit in the world?
How do we guard ourselves against these 5 deadly traps?
By standing perfect and complete in Christ and keeping ourselves aligned with the will of God.
By practicing what we learn from God’s Word.
By putting on the whole armor of God.
By recognizing Jesus Christ made us alive and forgave all our sin.
By standing firm in Him who disarmed the principalities and powers of the world.
By holding fast to the Head, Jesus Christ, knowing He nourishes, knits us together and grows us.
Which one of the 5 things do you need to guard against in your life?
Thank you, Father, for your words of truth and your Holy Spirit to guide us in your truth. Thank you for wisdom, knowledge, and discernment for life. Thank you for your guideline for healthy living. In Jesus’ name we pray. Amen.