- Judging others is wrong. What I mean by judging is wanting someone to received swift and fair punishment for their wrongs. In other words, being angered by someone’s sin to the point you wish they could stand before God and be judged right now. This kind of judgment is not right. When I demand judgment for someone else, I am also bring judgment on myself. How can one be judged and not the other? God doesn’t demand judgment, in fact He favors mercy. And so should I.
- Fleeing is not the answer. In a difficult situation running away is not the best solution. I may want to distance myself from the hard stuff. God wants to use the tough stuff to develop my character. God might be trying to teach me patience, trust, or how to forgive others. If I run from it, I am the one who loses. God’s plan to make me like Christ includes difficult times that I might learn obedience.
- God answers prayers. God is always listening. He is always working things out for the good of those who love Him and are called according to His purposes. I have experienced answered prayers in the past. Then years of seemingly unanswered prayers. But I have learned even in the quite times God was answering my prayers. He cares more for me than I can fully realize. He loves me and knows what’s best. He can be trusted.
- There’s always a way out. When I am tempted God provides a way out so I can handle the temptation. I was tempted to leave my job because of a difficult boss. God showed me my comfort was not what was most important. My character is. Staying put provides for my family while building my character and being God’s witness to others in the workplace. God delights in showing me what He’s doing, then I become excited to stay the course. Sometimes the way out is a change in thinking.
- God provides exactly what I need. No matter what I go through God knows what I really need. Recently I have seen Him move mightly. From giving him son clarity around his career path. To hand delivering my other son to a Christian school. From revealing how my presence impacts others at work. To allowing me to lead not one but two small groups. From being concerned about our finances to my husband getting a job at just the right time. God knows everything. His timing is best. In Him I shall not want. He leads me by quiet pastures and streaming waters.
What has God been teach you lately?