But to each one of grace was given according to the measure of Christ’s gift. Ephesians 4:7 NKJV
How much grace is that?
Jesus Christ gave us all the grace we need.
What is the measure of Christ’s gift?
Well think about Jesus’ life on earth. What did He go through so we could be forgiven of our sin?
- He gave up His heavenly home to live as a humble human being.
- God who deserved to be served by us, but He chose to serve us instead.
- Jesus patiently taught the people and His disciples, even though they didn’t comprehend the message.
- Often Jesus was misunderstood.
- People falsely accused Him.
- Even His own disciples betrayed Him.
- As Scripture says, He was rejected by the people He came to save.
- People mocked Him.
- He was constantly tested by the scribes and Pharisees.
- Jesus was arrested, jailed without cause.
- The guards beat and spit on on Him.
- He was physically tortured.
- They made Him carry a heavy wooden cross to the place of His execution.
- He was crucified. Nails were driven into His hands and feet. A spear was rammed through his side.
Remember, this is a partial list. The more we study His life, the more we grasp how much He sacrificed for us.
What does this grace mean for us?
- Our sins are forgiven.
- The judgment for sin was satisfied by Christ. We are not held responsible for our own sin.
- We are purified, cleansed from all unrighteousness.
- Another change is given. We are made new.
- We are set free from bondage of sin.
- Empowered to live a godly life. We are no longer obligated to sin.
- Our place in heaven is secured for all eternity.
- We are given gifts to use for building God’s kingdom.
- The mysteries of God are revealed to us.
- We are adopted into god’s family.
- We are given God’s Holy Spirit as a guarantee for all this.
Again, this is a partial list. Let me ask you what does this grace mean to you personally? I’m not asking for a textbook definition of grace. I want to know how it affects your heart, your soul and your mind.
If after considering all Jesus has done on your behalf, you are not stirred in your inmost being, let it be a warning to you. Something is amiss. Ask God to reveal Himself to you. As you begin to see Him, you will begin to see your need. Then accept His gift. Receive Jesus into your life. Be changed forever by His magnificent grace and unending love.
Lord Almighty how deep is your love for us. Thank you for going to the extreme so we might be saved. In your precious name Jesus we pray. Amen.