There are lots of ways to reach out to others during the Christmas season or any holiday season for that matter.
Have your small group brainstorm ways they could reach out beyond their normal gift giving circles.
Are there any families your small group members may know about that are going through a difficult time? If so, consider making their Christmas special. Create a Christmas Laundry Basket full of useful, needful items.
Have someone in the group buy a laundry basket. Have the rest of the group buy items to fill the basket up. Items to consider:
- Food items for a nice meal
- Laundry detergent, dryer sheets
- Kitchen towels, pot holders, sponges
- Books, magazines, candles
- Bath and Body products
- Worship CDs, small group study materials
- Board games, deck of cards, dominos
- Cookies, brownies, cake, or pie
- Canned food, frozen food, dried food (nuts, dried fruit)
- Gift cards to grocery stores, Target or department stores
The possibilities are limited only by your imagination. Have your small group think of things to help the family.