Small Group Tip #5 As Leader, what should I pray?
By Elizabeth Marks
Pray for your small group members. Commit to praying for your small group, person by person. If you can’t think of what to pray, choose particular scripture to pray with.
- Pray for wisdom – James 1:5
- Pray for love to increase – 1 Corinthians 13
- Pray for God’s will for believers – 1 Thessalonians 5:18
- Pray for humility and looking out for others’ interest – Philippians 2:3-4
- Pray for God to be acknowledged – Proverbs 3:4-5
- Pray for recognition of sin – Romans 3:23
- Pray for grace of God through Jesus Christ – Romans 6:23
- Pray for purity of heart – Psalm 51:10
- Pray for godly thoughts – Philippians 4:8
- Pray for power, love and self-control – 2 Timothy 1:7
You might even craft an email message or hand written prayer to share with each person.