Inductive Bible Study method has three phases. The second phase is called Interpretation. In this phase of study we ask questions to help us understand what the text is really saying. Below are some questions you might consider as you study.
- What do we learn from the people in this passage?
- Is there any error we should avoid?
- Is there a truth we should know?
- Is there an example we should follow?
- Is there a promise to remember?
- What do we learn about God, Holy Spirit, or Jesus Christ?
- What timeless principle do you see?
Remember to write things down. Don’t just answer the questions in your mind or verbally. Try to create a habit of writing your answers down. This creates a lasting journal of insights you can refer to again in the future.