I went to a Beth Moore event recently. Beth took us on a journey through Mark chapter 5. She said this is a perfect picture of what it looks like with the enemy has his way.
Before I recap you need…
to read Mark 5.
Have you read it?
Ok. Now let’s recap.
When the enemy has his way the following things are evident.
- People cling to dead things. They can’t let go or move on. They live among the tombs.
- People self-harm. We turn on ourselves. Satan wants us to hate ourselves because we belong to Jesus and he’s jealous of what we have in Christ.
- “No one could bind him” references people who are out of control and out of community. The devil delights in kicking us out. Out of work, out of relationships, out of church, out of fellowship, out of our mind, etc.
- Demons speak for you. Your personality is not seen. People have no voice. The right to speak is taken from them.
- “Legion, for we are many” refers to all the problems that are overwhelming people. Seems like God’s quiet. Satan screams God has abandoned you.
- No one has strength to banish the demons. They’ve tried and failed several times. They are stuck in their addictions unable to help themselves. Only God’s power can deliver them.
- People are vulnerable, naked, and exposed. They may be shamed, devalued, or disrespected.
This is a sad state to be in. There is hope. There is a way out of that life.
As the story unfolds, we see Jesus enter the scene. Please note that when Jesus takes authority Satan loses his. Jesus comes to restore what was taken. He comes to clothe the naked and put us back in our right minds.
We can undo what Satan has done by remembering Jesus’ gifts and calling are irrevocable. His promises are sure. He is faithful. Grab on to what can’t be changed. We are His. No power can stop His love for us. We are in Christ. No weapon formed against us will prosper. God’s plans and purpose will succeed.
By telling our story of what Jesus did for us we bring light to a dark situation. Like the song says we overcome by the blood of the Lamb and the word of our testimony.
Are you ready to kick the enemy out?
Do you want to start living the abundant life Jesus came to give you?
Read on if you answered yes to either question. If not, read on anyway.
The first step is to come to Christ. You must have faith in Him. Only faith in Christ can move mountains.
Next, you must believe Christ has the power to change things for you.
Finally, you must accept His help by walking in His ways, doing what He asks. Love God and love people.
Oh Father you are in control even when our circumstances feel out of control. You are the only power who can bring back peace and restore what was taken from us. By your might power, Lord Jesus, come has your way in us. Heal us from the enemy’s lies. Lead us back to You. In your name we pray. Amen.