But David strengthened himself in the LORD his God. 1 Samuel 30:6 NKJV
What should I do when I fell like giving up? From today’s verse we see that David turned to the Lord to be strengthened. Maybe we should too.
Let’s look at several verses that might be a special encouragement when we feel like giving up.
- He gives power to the weak, and to those who have no might He increases strength. Even the youths shall faint and be weary, and the young men shall utterly fall, but those who wait on the LORD Shall renew their strength; They shall mount up with wings like eagles, they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint. Isaiah 40:29-31 NKJV
- Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might. Ephesians 6:10 NKJV
- Therefore, having been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom also we have access by faith into this grace in which we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God. Romans 5:1-2 NKJV
- Trust in the LORD, and do good; Dwell in the land, and feed on His faithfulness. Delight yourself also in the LORD, and He shall give you the desires of your heart. Psalm 37:3-4 NKJV
- Pull me out of the net which they have secretly laid for me, for You are my strength. Psalm 34:4 NKJV
- The young lions lack and suffer hunger; but those who seek the LORD shall not lack any good thing. Psalm 34:10 NKJV
- Bless the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all His benefits. Psalm 103:2 NKJV
- God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. Psalm 46:1 NKJV
- I have set the LORD always before me; Because He is at my right hand I shall not be moved. Psalm 16:8 NKJV
- Whoever is wise will observe these things, and they will understand the lovingkindness of the LORD. Psalm 107:43 NKJV
- Be of good courage, and He shall strengthen your heart, all you who hope in the LORD. Psalm 31:24 NKJV
- But I will hope continually, and will praise You yet more and more. Psalm 71:14 NKVJ
- Restore to me the joy of Your salvation, and uphold me by Your generous Spirit. Then I will teach transgressors Your ways, and sinners shall be converted to You. Psalm 51:12-13 NKJV
- We give thanks to You, O God, we give thanks! For Your wondrous works declare that Your name is near. Psalm 75:1 NKJV
- Oh come, let us sing to the LORD! Let us shout joyfully to the Rock of our salvation. Let us come before His presence with thanksgiving; Let us shout joyfully to Him with psalms. For the LORD is the great God, and the great King above all gods. Psalm 95:1-3 NKJV
- Make a joyful shout to the LORD, all you lands! Serve the LORD with gladness; Come before His presence with singing. Psalm 100:1-2 NKJV
- Return to your rest, O my soul, for the LORD has dealt bountifully with you. Psalm 116:7 NKJV
- I rise before the dawning of the morning, and cry for help; I hope in Your word. Psalm 119:147 NKJV
- I pour out my complaint before Him; I declare before Him my trouble. Psalm 142:2 NKJV
- God is mighty to save. He hears when we cry out to Him. He wants us to turn to Him for all things. He longs to bless us because He loves us. Seek Him through His Word and watch how He improves your thoughts, attitudes and behavior.
Which of the above verses spoke the loudest to you right now? Are you willing to share the reasons why? I challenge you to read God’s Word and share what you are learning with others. You never know how God will use His Words to heal the brokenhearted, to save the lost, and to set the prisoners free. It might surprise you to find you were the one needing to be set free!
God may you richly bless those who continue to seek you with all their heart. In Jesus’ name amen.