Begin your study time with prayer. Remember Psalm 119:18 says “Open my eyes, that I may see wonderous things from your law.” Psalm 119:68 says “You are good and do good; teach me Your statutes.” Psalm 119:105 says ‘Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path.” Psalm 119:160 says “The entirely of Your word is true and everyone of your righteous judgments endures forever.”
Father God thank you for your word. Reveal yourself through your word. In Jesus’ name.
Start by reading Proverbs 10.
Next write down the key factors you noticed, such as wisdom, understanding, integrity, righteous, fear of the Lord.
- What key factors are present in the life of the righteous?
- Which of these factors are missing from your life?
- Write down what the righteous does. For example: speak wisdom, feed many, restrain lips, receive commands, walk in integrity, store up knowledge, labor, keep instructions, etc.
- What does the righteous person do or not do in these verses?
- Which one of these things the righteous does or doesn’t do, do you need to work on in your life today?
Next write out all the benefits or the rewards of living a righteous life. Examples might be make parents glad, blessings, eternal life, desires granted, everlasting foundation, gladness, strength, prolonged days, etc.
- What rewards or benefits of living righteously do you see?
- Which reward or benefit of righteous living stands out to you and why?